Friday, May 23, 2008

Zürich

Welcome to Zürich, Citizens of the World



Andrea, Cyril, Vanessa & I went to Zürich a few weeks ago. Although I had been there, all I remember of it was the inside of a giant Coop grocery store, and the store where Lily bought her Swatch watch. We went to that Coop this time and I recognized the chocolate area.
I thought you should all know this: when I work on the computer for long(ish) periods of time, my right hand turns to icy cold stone. To remedy this I must hold hands with myself or sit on it. Both of which prevent me from continuing my work. Productivity = cold hand. Sitting with my hand under my bum = warm hand & no work. Pickle.



The boyfriend and myself.


What can I say, I hang out with good ones.


Red stems.


FLOWER EXPLOSION.


Boat ride on the Zürichersee.
There were some pretty hostile parents on this ship.


Old town/possibly the side of the cathedral.


We stopped for margaritas.


I thought margarita was spelled with an 'h' tucked in somewhere,
but my spell check seems to be proving me wrong.


I am not the best of spellers so I don't know what I was expecting.
I recently discovered how to spell 'necessary'.


Andrea the Au pair.


Beauties!
Actually Andrea does look good.
Damn girl, you're making the rest of us look extra bad.


Jacques' Swiss Army-grade specs.
I didn't have my glasses and thus
I was blessed with this magnificent eye wear all morning.


Here is a little sneak peak at My Life Right Now:
WORK
SLEEP (though not as much as desired)
GET READY FOR MUMMY & SISTER
(ONE WEEK, aaaaah)
[which at this moment consists of: selecting & booking hostels/hotels, preparing What-Not-To-Pack, What-To-Pack & other lists, arranging activities in Switzerland & Paris, organizing lodging in Paris, visits, moolah, people, beds, jimble jam ling ding and whathaveyou (I think I am making this sound more onerous that it in actuality is)]
GETTING THROUGH MY BRAIN THAT I AM LEAVING IN TWO MONTHS AND AM DONE WORK IN ONE

That last one is beginning to be quite a doozie.

I feel like I am on the brink of becoming really stressed out and it feels like there's nothing I can do about most of it.

No comments: