Monday, March 17, 2008

Matterhorn & Friends

Power of the Raw Film




First Preface:
1. These are from quite a long time ago. About a month ago, really.
2. As previously mentioned in this blog, when visiting the most famous mountain in a country full of mountains, I thought it would be great to forget my camera at home. So that's what I did. Erin, always the thinker! Although I must say it was not all bad in the photograph department of that trip; it was pretty fun to wield a giant piece of wind-up plastic once more.
Let's see what this baby can do, y'all!

Second Preface:
Bern - Kleine (Little) Matterhorn = train, hike, chair/ski lift, gondola, gondola, stairs. This will put you at nearly 4000m (13,000 ft) above sea level! There were warning signs as you were about to go up the gondolas telling you to take it slow as molasses and to not exert too much energy and put lots of sun screen on. I took this advice. Still, going up to that viewing platform (the highest publicly accessible view point in Europe) was like running a marathon. Now I know what it feels like to have asthma. Or be really old and walk up a lot of steps.
So, essentially, I went through a lot to bring you these views. Enjoy please.



From inside the mountain.


Looking out from the platform on the Kleine Matterhorn.
Called something like "the wide mountain" only in German.


Cyril at the top.


The Matterhorn in the back, but from a different angle.


King of the Universe.


On the gondola looking at a glacier.


Gondola galore.


More glaciers. And the valley in the back.


Chillin' in the sun.


There she be.


After hot chocolate.



We got down from the mountains.


Vanessa wearing her Christmas present. Unicorn band-aids.


One of Jacques' innumerable self-portraits.


Jacques, Robin and I getting ready for a walk in the woods.


Walking in the woods.










Llama + Jacques.


Man.


Jacques.


Cyril.


All of them, FYI, are unedited for a change. I must really be getting lazy and I have no idea if it is working for my benefit or not. But I like film and I did not want to take away their quirks by messing around.
I hope your eyes were tickled at least a little.

Missing you lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i guess it's ok that we forgot the digital camera :)

jules said...

oh... matt and i were at exactly the same spot in august - sniff! =)
oh, and, by the way... i sure hope krills hair will be longer by the time im back in swissland!
xox
love you
jules